Have a Question?
Stade’s Farm and Market strives to create a fun, family-friendly, safe and enjoyable experience for all our guests. We hope all of your questions are answered in one of the categories below.
Stade’s Farms reserves the right to refuse or revoke admission to anyone who is engaging in or appears to be engaging in, inappropriate or offensive conduct, as determined by the farm staff. Stade Farm is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items and is not required to issue refunds or exchanges for inclement weather.
Please Select a Category to View Questions & Answers
- How long is your sweet corn season?
Stade’s plants twelve different times throughout the season. Our sweet corn typically is available mid-July through the first frost (early to mid-October).
- Is your produce GMO-free?
Yes, all of our market produce at Stade Farm is GMO-free.
- Is your produce organic?
Stade Farm is not classified as organic produce. Stade’s Farm is concerned with the environment and promoting responsible health practices. We follow a program called Integrated Pest Management, which is an effective and environmentally sensitive approach to pest management that relies on a combination of common sense practices. IPM programs use current, comprehensive information on the life cycles of pests and their interaction with the environment. It is important to note that many organically produced products also have certain pesticide protocol that they apply for pest prevention. Stade’s Farm is committed to maintaining the highest quality products, providing healthy produce for families in the community.
- How long will strawberries be available to pick?
We typically offer strawberry picking for three to four weeks, beginning sometime mid-June. We usually only know the start date of the season about three days in advance. Check our Facebook page for our most recent updates.
- Do you offer other fruits and vegetables for picking?
Yes, we have many other vegetables and fruits for you to pick yourself; including apples, green beans, peppers (variety), snap peas, tomatoes, pumpkins, beets, and kohlrabi. Please visit our Pick Your Own page on this website.
- Do you bring in produce from other farms?
Yes, we do bring in produce from farms that we trust that practice the same farming techniques as we do. We typically bring in sweet corn around the Fourth of July, blueberries fresh from MI, peaches, and tomatoes from southern IL, and sometimes other local produce as well. We always label it as such in the market.
- Do you have a military discount?
Yes, September 25, 2022 - is military appreciation day. With a valid military ID, Military personnel will be admitted free, and immediate family members will receive a 50% discount to our Farmtractions Theme Park.
- Do you offer a group discount?
Yes, any non-school group purchasing 12 or more wristbands on one payment qualifies for a group discount of 10% for adults and youth (Ages 2+). Children 2 and under free. Not valid with other discounts.
- Do you offer a senior discount?
Yes, seniors age 65 and over are admitted for $10 each.
- Do you offer refunds?
Stade’s Farm does not offer refunds for admission pricing.
- How much is parking?
Parking at Stade’s Farm is always FREE.
- Do you host weddings on the farm?
No, Stade’s Farm does not offer wedding services.
- Do you have concerts on the farm?
- No, Stade’s Farm does not have any concerts booked at this time.
- Do you host birthday parties on the farm?
- We do not host birthday parties on the farm, but you are welcome to bring your group out to enjoy all we have to offer.
- How old do children have to be to come to the Farm by themselves?
Children ages 15 years and under must be accompanied by a person 21 years or older.
- Is your facility available for corporate parties?
Yes, click here for more information.
- Are pets allowed on the property?
For the safety and consideration of others, only certified service dogs are allowed in our Market and Theme Park. Dogs or other (pets) animals of any kind are prohibited on farm grounds. No dogs/pets/animals are allowed in our picking fields. Please be mindful of the danger of leaving pets in your vehicle while visiting our farm.
- What is your smoking policy?
The Farm is a smoke-free environment for the health of our guests, staff, and animals. Visitors are required to extinguish all smoking materials (including e-cigarettes) before entering the farm grounds
- Do you sell or allow alcohol on the farm?
No, no alcohol is allowed on the farm grounds. Guests appearing to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave.
- Do you have disability parking spaces?
Yes, disability parking is available near the front of the market and the admission gate.
- Is there an ATM available?
Yes, we have an ATM in our concession/barn area.
- Do you have restrooms and/or baby changing stations?
Portable restrooms facilities and hand-washing stations are available throughout the farm. The portable restrooms at Stade’s are the flushing type and are very well maintained. We offer a wheelchair-accessible portable restroom and a baby changing room for your convenience as well.
- Is Stade’s Farm and Market handicapped accessible?
Stade’s Farm Market is accessible by wheelchair. Our wagons to and from the fields are not accessible by wheelchair. Please note that the grounds to the Farmtractions area are unpaved, grass areas; motorized wheelchairs or chairs with larger wheels fair best on the terrain. Paths to pick-your-own crops have narrow rows and are not conducive to wheelchairs or strollers.
- Do you have picnic tables available?
Picnic tables are located throughout the park. All picnic tables are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Do you have a Lost & Found?
All found items are held at the lost and found located inside the admission booths. Please notify lost and found if you are missing an item. Ride operators and attendants are not responsible for articles left by guests at the ride stations. Neither Stade’s Farm nor its employees assume responsibility for the loss of or damage to personal property.
- Do I have to wear a shirt and shoes while visiting the farm?
Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. We recommend wearing closed-toe shoes and discourage sandals and flip-flops for your health and safety.
- Are there ride restrictions?
Some rides have their own specific restrictions. Restrictions in regards to age/height/weight are posted by the applicable attractions.
- Do you offer a season pass?
Yes, please visit our Fall Festival page for more information.
- How long is the wagon ride to the pumpkin patch?
You can anticipate the round trip ride, along with selecting your pumpkin, to take approximately 60 minutes, depending on how many people are on your wagon.
- I only want to watch the kids play. Do I still need to pay admission?
Yes, everyone is required to pay an admission fee to enter the theme park.
- If I have to leave the theme park and want to return, can I?Yes, you must have your wristband on from that day for re-entry.
- What is included with my admission?
- Over 40 activities are included with your admission, including our interactive petting zoo, a 1922 carousel, slide mountain, our famous giant pumpkin cannon, barrel train ride, corn maze, zip lines, veggie cars, Ferris wheel, and much, much more.
- What is not included in the wristband price?
Stade’s Express Train ($5/person), the Apple Cannons ($5/10shots), pumpkins, or any food items, or extra items.
- Are pets allowed on the grounds?
No, we do not allow dogs or any other pets (except certified service animals) at the farm.
- Does Stade’s Farm photograph or video guests?
Occasionally we will photograph or take video of visitors for educational or promotional purposes. Entry to the Farm grants Stade’s Farm permission for the use of these images in all forms of print, social media, advertising, electronic, etc.
- Is the farm available for professional photoshoots?
Commercial photography requires written permission from Stade’s Farm and may require a facility use fee, please contact our Events Coordinator (Jenny) at 815-482-2605.
- What happens if it rains?
Stade’s Farm remains open during periods of rain. Operations, however, are suspended if there is a threat of lightning in the area. The safety of our guests, staff, and animals is our primary concern. If traveling a far distance and rain is in the forecast we encourage you to consider rescheduling your visit. Inclement weather notifications and unexpected closing information will be posted on Facebook. RAIN POLICY: During rain and storms some and/or all activities, attractions, rides, and/or slides may be shut down temporarily for your safety. Absolutely NO REFUNDS will be issued. By paying admission you have agreed to this policy and NO EXCEPTIONS will be made.
- When it rains does it get muddy at Stade’s Farm?
Occasionally it can get muddy. Most ground surfaces around the farm are grassy, paved or gravel. Our attractions area is grassy as well. Dress accordingly if the weather has recently been rainy.
- Are all your pick-your-own fruits and vegetable rows lined with straw?
No, just our strawberry patches are lined. Always check our Facebook and website for picking and field conditions prior to planning your arrival.
- Are children allowed to participate in picking?
Yes, we encourage you to pick as a family and enjoy the rich agricultural experience. We simply ask that children be carefully supervised and shown how to properly pick to minimize waste.
- Are your strawberry fields muddy?
Our strawberry patch is lined with straw and seldom muddy. There may be a few wet areas outside of the patches after excessive rain, however, these areas are easily avoidable.
- Can I bring a stroller into the fields?
The rows are too narrow for a stroller however you may keep your stroller on the perimeter of the field and walk into the patch.
- Can we bring our own containers
No, Stade’s Farm supplies all containers for picking.
- Do you have apples or blueberries?
Stade’s Apple Orchard is busy growing and expanding, we do offer pick your own apples beginning early September. We also have pick-your-own blueberries available mid-July.
- How long does pick-your-own last?
Each crop offered has its own timeline. Be sure to check our Pick Your Own page for approximate season-end times. We also update via Facebook and Twitter for your convenience.
- Is there a fee to enter the pick-your-own area?
Yes, find your pick-your-own pricing here.
- What are your Pick-Your-Own hours?
Pick-Your-Own hours for strawberries and other fruits/vegetables are from 9 am – 5:00 pm. Pumpkin picking is available from 10 am – 5:30 pm Saturdays, and Sundays (beginning the third weekend following Labor Day) as well as Fridays and Indigenous People's Day in the month of October. Always check Facebook and/or our website for the most current picking conditions.
- What pick-your-own fruits and vegetables does Stade’s Farm offer?
Stade’s Farm offers pick-your-own strawberries, sugar snap peas, green beans, raspberries, tomatoes, peppers, blueberries, beets, kohlrabi, apples, and pumpkins.
- Can I buy a pumpkin without paying admission to the farm?
- Can I special order pies for the holiday?
Absolutely! Please call 815-675-6396 to place your order.
- Do you carry gluten-free items?
Yes, we do. We have a nice selection of gluten-free mixes, flours, pretzels, and more.
- Do you have your own bakery?
Yes, Stade’s Farm has a wonderful bakery on-site with a nice selection of pies, apple cider donuts, cookies, breads, and much more. We also offer strawberry donuts during our strawberry season.
- Do you offer wholesale produce?
Yes, please contact the market at 815-675-6396 to request pricing.
- Do you sell Fall Decorations (Corn Stalks, Indian Corn, Broom Corn, Straw Bales, etc?
Yes, all of these items are available during our fall season and can be found in the pumpkin yard right outside our farm market.
- Do you sell gift items in the market?
Yes, Stade’s carries a lovely selection of gift items including quilts, towels, baskets, pet items, etc.
- Does Stade’s offer locally harvested honey?
Yes, Stade’s Farm offers freshly harvested honey from our own farm beehives. Our honey comes in many different sizes and containers and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- I hear you sell the BEST Apple Cider Donuts, is that true?
We certainly think they are, and our customers agree. We bake dozens and dozens of fresh donuts each year and our customers keep coming back for more.
- What types of payment are accepted at the farm?
Stade’s Farm and Market accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover, & Cash. We do not accept American Express.
- What are the business hours of the market?
Our Market is open from 9 am – 6:00 pm. The market will remain open through Halloween.
- Where are your worship services held?
Fields of Grace Worship Services are no longer held at Stade's Farm. Church services now take place at the Village of Volo Community Center. Please visit Fogfriends.org for more information.