Have a Question?
Stade’s Farm and Market strives to create a fun, family-friendly, safe and enjoyable experience for all our guests. We hope all of your questions are answered in one of the categories below.
Stade’s Farms reserves the right to refuse or revoke admission to anyone who is engaging in, or appears to be engaging in, inappropriate or offensive conduct, as determined by the farm staff. Stade Farm is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items and is not required to issue refunds or exchanges for inclement weather.
Please Select a Category to View Questions & Answers
Agriculture and Crops
- How long is your sweet corn season?
Stade’s plants twelve different times throughout the season. Our sweet corn typically is available mid-July through the first frost (early to mid October).
- Is your produce GMO free?
Yes, all of our market produce at Stade Farm is GMO-free.
- Is your produce organic?
Stade Farm is not classified as organic produce. Stade’s Farm is concerned with the environment and promoting responsible health practices. We follow a program called Integrated Pest Management, which is an effective and environmentally sensitive approach to pest management that relies on a combination of common sense practices. IPM programs use current, comprehensive information on the life cycles of pests and their interaction with the environment. It is important to note that many organically produced products also have certain pesticide protocol that they apply for pest prevention. Stade’s Farm is committed to maintaining the highest quality products, providing healthy produce for families in the community.
Discounts, Parking, Refunds
- Do you have a military discount?
Yes, Sunday, Sept 24, 2017, is military appreciation day. With a valid military ID, Military personnel will be admitted free and immediate family members will receive a 50% discount to our Farmtractions Theme Park.
- Do you offer a group discount?
Yes, any non-school group purchasing 20 or more wristbands on one payment qualifies for a group discount of 10% for adults and youth (Ages 2+). Children 2 and under free.
- Do you offer a senior discount?
Yes, seniors age 65 and over are admitted for $10 each.
- Do you offer refunds?
Stade’s Farm does not offer refunds for admission pricing.
- How much is parking?
Parking at Stade’s Farm is always FREE.
Events and Activities
- Do you host weddings on the farm?
No, Stade’s Farm does not offer wedding services.
- Do you have concerts on the farm?
- No, Stade’s Farm does not have any concerts booked at this time.
- Do you host birthday parties on the farm?
Yes, click here for more information.
- How old do children have to be to come to the Farm by themselves?
Children ages 15 years and under must be accompanied by a person 21 years or older.
- Is your facility available for corporate parties?
Yes, click here for more information.
Facilities and Guest Services
- Are pets allowed on the property?
- For the safety and consideration of others, only certified service dogs are allowed in our Market and Theme Park. Dogs or other (pets) animals of any kind are prohibited on farm grounds. No dogs/pets/animals are not allowed in our picking fields. Please be mindful of the danger of leaving pets in your vehicle while visiting our farm.
- What is your smoking policy?
- The Farm is a smoke-free environment for the health of our guests, staff, and animals. Visitors are required to extinguish all smoking materials (including ecigarettes) before entering the farm grounds
- Do you sell or allow alcohol on the farm?
- No, no alcohol is allowed on the farm grounds. Guests appearing to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave.
- Do you have disability parking spaces?
- Yes, disability parking is available near the front of the market and admission gate.
- Is there an ATM available?
- Yes, we have an ATM in our concession/barn area.
- Do you have restrooms and/or baby changing stations?
- Portable restrooms facilities and hand-washing stations are available throughout the farm. The portable restrooms at Stade’s are the flushing type and are very well maintained. We offer a wheelchair accessible portable restroom and a baby changing room for your convenience as well.
- Is Stade’s Farm and Market handicapped accessible?
- Stade’s Farm Market is accessible by wheelchair. Our wagons to and from the fields are not accessible by wheelchair. Please note that the grounds to the Farmtractions area are grass unpaved areas; motorized wheelchairs or chairs with larger wheels fair best on the terrain. Paths to pick-your-own crops have narrow rows and are not conducive to wheelchairs or strollers.
- Do you have picnic tables available?
- Picnic tables are located throughout the park. All picnic tables are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Do you have a Lost & Found?
- All found items are held at the lost and found located inside the admission booths. Please notify lost and found if you are missing an item. Ride operators and attendants are not responsible for articles left by guests at the ride stations. Neither Stade’s Farm nor its employees assume responsibility for the loss of or damage to personal property.
- Do I have to wear a shirt and shoes while visiting the farm?
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. We recommend wearing closed-toe shoes and discourage sandals and flip-flops for your health and safety.
Farmtractions Theme Park
- Are there ride restrictions?
- Some rides have their own specific restrictions. Restrictions in regards to age/height/weight are posted by the applicable attractions.
- Do you offer a season pass?
- Yes, click here for more information.
- How long is the wagon ride to the pumpkin patch?
- You can anticipate the round trip ride, along with selecting your pumpkin, to take approximately 60 minutes, depending on how many people are on your wagon.
- I only want to watch the kids play. Do I still need to pay admission?
- Yes, everyone is required to pay an admission fee to enter the theme park.
- If I have to leave the theme park and want to return, can I?
- Yes, you must have your wristband on from that day for re-entry.
- What is included with my admission?
- Over 30 activities are included with your admission, including our interactive petting zoo, a 1922 carousel, slide mountain, our famous giant pumpkin cannon, barrel train ride, corn maze, zip lines, veggie cars, Ferris wheel, and much, much more.
- What is not included in the wristband price?
- Frank the Combine ride ($5 pp), Stade’s Express Train ($3 pp), and the Apple Cannons ($3/5shots and $5/10shots) pumpkins or any food items or extra items.
- Are pets allowed on the grounds?
- No, we do not allow dogs or any other pets (except certified service animals) at the farm.
On The Farm
- Does Stade’s Farm photograph or video guests?
- Occasionally we will photograph or take video of visitors for educational or promotional purposes. Entry to the Farm grants Stade’s Farm permission for the use of these images in all forms of print, social media, advertising, electronic, etc.
- Is the farm available for professional photo shoots?
- Commercial photography requires written permission from Stade’s Farm and may require a facility use fee, please contact our Events Coordinator (Barb) at 815-979-9212.
- What happens if it rains?
- Stade’s Farm remains open during periods of rain. Operations, however, are suspended if there is a threat of lightning in the area. Safety of our guests, staff, and animals is our primary concern. If traveling a far distance and rain is in the forecast we encourage you to consider rescheduling your visit. Inclement weather notifications and unexpected closing information will be posted on our Facebook page. RAIN POLICY: During rain and storms some and/or all activities, attractions, rides and/or slides may be shut down temporarily for your safety. Absolutely NO REFUNDS will be issued. By paying admission you have agreed to this policy and NO EXCEPTIONS will be made.
- When it rains does it get muddy at Stade’s Farm?
- Occasionally it can get muddy. Most ground surfaces around the farm are grassy, paved or gravel. Our attractions area is grassy as well. Dress accordingly if the weather has recently been rainy.
- Are all your pick-your-own fruits and vegetable rows lined with
- No, just our strawberries patches are lined. Always check our Facebook and website for picking and field conditions prior to planning your arrival.
- Are children allowed to participate in u-pick?
- Yes, we encourage you to pick as a family and enjoy the rich agricultural experience. We simply ask that children be carefully supervised and shown how to properly pick to minimize waste.
- Are your strawberry fields muddy?
- Our strawberry patch is lined with straw and seldom muddy. There may be a few wet areas outside of the patches after excessive rain, however, these areas are easily avoidable.
- Can I bring a stroller into the fields?
- The rows are too narrow for a stroller however you may keep your stroller on the perimeter of the field and walk into the patch.
- Can we bring our own containers?
- No, Stade’s Farm supplies all containers for u-pick.
- Do you have apples or blueberries?
- Stade’s Apple Orchard is busy growing and will be ready for pick-your-own in the fall of 2017.
Currentlywe do not havepick your own apples or blueberries however we do bring in apples and delicious blueberries from Michigan every year.
- How long does pick-your-own last?
- Each crop offered has its own timeline. Be sure to check our U-Pick page for approximate season end times. We also update via Facebook and Twitter for your convenience.
- Is there a fee to enter the pick-your-own area?
- Yes, click here for pick-your-own pricing.
- What are your U-Pick hours?
- U-pick hours for strawberries and other fruits/vegetables are from 9 am – 5:30 pm. Pumpkin u-pick is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (beginning about the 3rd weekend in Sept.) only from 10am-5:30 pm. Always check Facebook, Twitter and/or our website for the most current picking conditions.
- What pick-your-own fruits and vegetables does Stade’s Farm offer?
- Stade’s Farm offers pick-your-own strawberries, sugar snap peas, green beans, raspberries, tomatoes, and pumpkins.
- Can I buy a pumpkin without paying admission to the farm?
- Yes. You may purchase pumpkins for sale inside the Farm Market or take a wagon ride to our 33 acre field to pick your own.
- Can I special order pies for the holiday?
- Absolutely! Please call 815-675-6396 to place your order.
- Do you carry gluten free items?
- Yes, we do. We have a nice selection of gluten free mixes, flours, pretzels and more.
- Do you have your own bakery?
- Yes, Stade’s Farm has a wonderful bakery on site with a nice selection of pies, quick breads, cookies and of course apple cider donuts.
- Do you offer wholesale produce?
- Yes, please contact the market at 815-675-6396 to request pricing.
- Do you sell Fall Decorations (Corn Stalks, Indian Corn, Broom Corn, Straw Bales, etc?
- Yes, all of these items are available during our fall season and can be found in the market courtyard.
- Do you sell gift items in the market?
- Yes, Stade’s carries a lovely selection of gift items including quilts, towels, baskets, etc.
- Does Stade’s offer locally harvested honey?
- Yes, Stade’s Farm offers freshly harvested honey from our own farm bee hives. Our honey comes in many different sizes and containers.
- Does the Market carry canning supplies?
- Yes, we stock a large selection canning supplies.
- I hear you sell the BEST Apple Cider Donuts, is that true?
- We certainly think they are and our customers agree. We bake thousands of dozens of fresh donuts each year and our customers keep coming back for more.
- What types of payment are accepted at the farm?
- Stade’s Farm and Market accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Personal Checks & Cash. We do not accept American Express.
- What are the business hours of the market?
- Our main farm market on Miller Road is open from 9am – 6:30pm daily beginning Friday, May 26, 2017. The market will remain open through December 23, 2017 .
- Our farm stand located on McCullom Lake/Ringwood Road is also open the same hours mid-July (as soon as our sweet corn is harvested, exact date TBA) through October.
- Do you have a separate service for children?
- We do not, however, all children are always welcome.
- Do you offer communion?
- Yes, communion is offered on the second Sunday of every month, immediately following the services (approximately 11:20)
- What denomination are you?
- Fields of Grace is a nondenominational contemporary service with a variety of speakers and contemporary worship bands. Click here for a list of speakers and worship bands.
- What time is your worship service?
- Service begins at 10:00 am and ends at approximately 11:15 am